New

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer is almost over!

This morning, as I casually lie in bed watching the Olympics at 9:30 am, I realized that the end is near!  Sleeping late, travelling all over the country (San Antonio, Lake Texoma, Dallas, Lubbock, Seattle, Alaska and even Canada), hanging out full time with Gracen (or Mini Me and I often refer to her), and just being lazy.  I was kind of bummed, but then I thought about what was about to start.  Exicted students (well at least the first week :)), a new year, individual progress of each student, seeing my teacher friends, doing what I absolutely love, and of course my sweet baby starting 2nd grade.  I realize that too much of either side would be extreme.  I need the summer to get over the school year and the school year to get over the summer!  It is a wonderful cycle! This weekend I shopped til I dropped for new stuff for my classroom!  Tomorrow I am going to school to start getting my classroom back in shape and ready for a new group of awesome kiddos! I have to report back in just under 2 weeks and the students start 2 weeks from tomorrow.  I am ready! This year will be another great one I am confidant of that!!
So until next time, Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for a blog award! Go to my blog to check it out!

    Sixth Grade Scribbles

    ReplyDelete